For 30 years Africa Christian Action has been surveying political parties on where they stand on various issues and producing summaries of these in the Biblical Issues Voters Guide. You can visit our www.savotersguide.org website to see some of these articles and summaries.
An additional concern that many millions of voters have at this time is:
Where does your party stand concerning the lockdown, mandatory masks and mandatory vaccinations or vaccine passports?
We requested a brief statement from South African political parties on these matters:
- Does your party support the lockdown, or are you publicly calling for the ending of all lockdown restrictions with immediate effect?
- Do you support the requirement of everyone to wear masks in public, or are you demanding the end to all mandatory mask wearing?
- Do you support mandatory vaccinations? Or do you oppose them?
- Do you support vaccine passports? Or are you publicly opposing all attempts to require vaccinations for employees, travellers or spectators at events?
If we do not hear from you, we will have to assume that you support the government policy of mandatory mask wearing, lockdown regulations and the requirement of vaccination for employees and travellers, or spectators at events.
These are some of the responses we have received so far:
- The Cape Independence Party does acknowledge God in our Party constitution.
- We were opposed to the Lockdown from the very start of it all.
- We have not changed our position throughout the Lockdown and not only are we calling for the immediate end to it but we are actively fighting it through making public statements and attending regular marches and protests against it.
- We are calling for the end to mandatory mask wearing.
- We absolutely oppose mandatory vaccinations.
- We absolutely oppose vaccine passports.
We are actively fighting against such measures by making public statements, protesting and marching against such measures.
Cape Independence Party - Leader
- We call for the ending of the restrictions and we declared it in our media releases, all available on our website. As leader I submitted a private members Bill to amend the Disaster Management Act to limit the extension of the period and to require approval of all regulations by parliament.
- Masks in confined public places like shopping malls, but outside is serves no use like on beaches,
- We oppose mandatory vaccinations. It must be a free choice of every individual.
- We are publicly opposing vaccine passports.
Dr Pieter Groenewald, MP
Freedom Front Plus
- The Christian Democratic Party (CDP) has for years warned against the draconian measures implemented by Communist governments. As we feel this to be a draconian measure we have opposed it since its inception.
- We have always believed in giving people the choice. Therefore the demand for mandatory mask wearing is and will never be supported by us.
- Again the operative word is MANDATORY vaccinations. We oppose anything forced upon us by the government. However we leave it to people's discretion whether they want to take the vaccination or not, after warning them of the consequences of taking it.
- Obviously and emphatically not. We have encouraged our members to become part of those opposing all attempts to require vaccinations for employment, travellers, or spectators at events.
Rev Theunis Botha DD
Christian Democratic Party