“Select capable men from all the people - men who fear God; trustworthy men who hate dishonest gain - and appoint them as officials...” Exodus 18:21
Your Biblical Duty to Vote
As responsible citizens, Christians must strive to honour God in all areas of life (Matthew 5:14-20). We are to oppose evil (Isaiah 59) and work for righteousness. Christians therefore have a Biblical duty to vote.
“Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people” Proverbs 14:34
Amidst all the electioneering, unrealistic promises, media performances, slogan shouting and empty rhetoric, it is very difficult to maintain an objective perspective on reality. Many even find it difficult to discern between what is right and what is wrong during election campaigns.
“See to it that no-one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ” Colossians 2:8
Be careful to not merely listen to what is said, but to observe what is done. Cut through the vast volume of verbiage and evaluate each party and candidate in your area on the crucial Biblical issues:
1. Does the candidate, and his/her party, acknowledge the authority of Almighty God? (Exodus 20:3, 2 Chronicles 7:14, Psalm 127:1; Isaiah 9:6-7, Isaiah 33:22; Matthew 28:18).
2. Is the candidate a moral, trustworthy person of integrity? (Proverbs 16:32; 1 Timothy 3:4-5).
3. Does the party permit a free and open market economy based on private ownership and individual enterprise, or does it hold to the discredited socialist strategies of state interference, central control and nationalisation (theft)? (Exodus 20:15-17, Leviticus19:15, Proverbs 10:2-4, Matt. 25:14-27, 2 Thess. 3:10).
4. Has the party upheld and voted to protect the right to life of pre-born babies? (Proverbs 6:16-17 & 24.11, 31:8, Matt. 18:10-14).
5. Does the party uphold the sanctity of human life by punishing all murderers with the Biblical sentence of capital punishment? (Genesis 9:6, Exodus 21:12-16, Leviticus 24:17-22, Num. 35: Romans 13:4).
6. Does the party uphold the principle that education - including teachers and textbooks - must be controlled by parents? (Deuteronomy 6:2-9, Psalm 78:4-7 & 111:10, Proverbs 22:6; Ephesians 6:4).
7. Does the party oppose the granting of special privileges to perverts (otherwise known as “homosexual rights”) and the erosion of the Biblical definition of marriage as lifelong partnership between a man and a woman? (Genesis 19, Numbers 15:15, Romans 1:24-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Revelation 21:8).
8. Does the party uphold Biblical publications control to protect society from the exploitative pornography industry? (Psalm 101:3, Proverbs 14:34, Luke 17:1-2, Mark 12:31, Galatians 5:13, Colossians 3:5-8, 1 Peter 2:16).
2019 Biblical Issues Voters’ Guide
The 2019 Biblical Issues Voters’ Guide – detailing the positions of 7 political parties on 8 key Biblical issues - is now available from www.SAVotersGuide.org. (The website has two additional parties and one additional issue). Download and email, or distribute quantities to your congregation, community and colleagues.
Quantities can be ordered from Africa Christian Action, call 021-6894480, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The two-page versions (with documentation) are available in English, Afrikaans and Xhosa. The one-page versions of the Voters’ Guide are also available in English, Afrikaans, Xhosa and Zulu. You can also download them as a jpeg (picture) for sharing on social media. Visit our Africa Christian Action Facebook page for updates. Like, comment and share.
The SA Voters Guide website also features relevant articles, helpful links, downloadable Voter Education PowerPoints, plus view responses of political parties to the Christian Action Network’s Policy Survey. You will find many other relevant audios, videos and articles on our www.ChristianAction.org.za and www.hmsschoolofchristianjournalism.org websites.
For further information obtain: Biblical Principles for Africa (also available in Afrikaans), The Ten Commandments – God’s Perfect Law of Liberty (also available in Afrikaans), The Rise of the GayGB and Pink Inquisition, Porndemic, and South Africa for Christ MP3 Set.
Educate Your Congregation – Download these PowerPoints on Slideshare:
Biblical Principles for the Elections
Biblical Principles Which God Would Bless In Any Country
Listen to the Biblical Principles for the Elections presentation by Dr. Peter Hammond on SermonAudio.com here.
Listen to Dr. Peter Hammond’s latest sermon from Isaiah 59, Your Iniquities Have Separated You From Your God on SermonAudio.com here.
Watch screen capture videos of presentations from the Biblical Worldview Summit 2019 here.
Also, you can listen to the following Salt and Light interviews on SoundCloud:
The Biblical Path to Productivity and Prosperity
Why Are So Many Things Going Wrong?
Why Most Youth Did Not Vote in the Last Election and How We Can Change that in 2019
God and Government articles
God, Government and the Ten Commandments
Biblical Principles for Using Your Vote
Why No Christian Should Support BBBEE Affirmative Action Racism
Farms and Freedom Under Fire in South Africa
Fraud, Failure and Farce – Land Expropriation Hearings
Is South Africa Entering the Second Phase of the Revolution?
"Who will rise up for Me against the evildoers? Who will stand up for Me against the workers of iniquity?" Psalm 94:16
Dr. Peter Hammond
Africa Christian Action
PO Box 23632
Cape Town South Africa
Tel: 021-689 4480