Final Voter Registration Weekend – 26-27 January 2019
In 2019, South Africans who have registered to vote will have the responsibility of electing a party to represent their interests in Parliament and in their Provincial legislature. How you exercise this right and responsibility of voting will have far reaching consequences for almost every area of your life.
Register to Vote!
If you have never voted before, or if you have moved residence, you need to register to vote at your closest polling station. The country’s 22 932 voting stations will open from 08h00 to 17h00 on Saturday 26 January and Sunday 27 January 2019 to allow new voters to register and existing voters to update and to check their registration details. Registered voters can visit the Electoral Commission website (www.elections.org.za) to check their current registration details and voting station location. You can also SMS your ID number to 32810 to receive an SMS containing the address of your voting station (charged at R1).
If you miss this registration weekend, you can still register by phoning your local IEC office and making an appointment.
Concerning the role of Christians in social and political matters, the Bible instructs us to:
Pray: “I urge, then, first of all that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all Godliness and holiness.” 1 Timothy 2:1-2
Repent: “If My people, who are called by My Name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land” 2 Chronicles 7:14
Expose Evil: “Have nothing to do with fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.” Ephesians 5:11
Improve the Community: “See the trouble we are in: Jerusalem is in ruins, and its gates have been burned with fire. Come, let us rebuild the walls of Jerusalem and we will no longer be in disgrace.” Nehemiah 2:17
Seek Justice: “Stop doing wrong, learn to do right! Seek justice.” Isaiah 1:16-17
Oppose Ungodly Rulers: “You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting...” Daniel 5:27
Uphold Christian Standards: “You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.” Matthew 5:13
Disciple the Nations: “Make disciples of all nations... teaching them to obey everything I have commanded...” Matthew 28:19-20
2019 Biblical Issues Voters’ Guide
The 2019 Biblical Issues Voters’ Guide – detailing the positions of 7 political parties on 8 key Biblical issues - is now available from www.SAvotersguide.org. (The website has two additional parties and one additional issue). Download and email, or distribute quantities to your congregation, community and colleagues.
Quantities can be ordered from Africa Christian Action, call 021 –6894481 or email: email@example.com.
The two-page versions (with documentation) are available in English, Afrikaans and Xhosa. The one-page versions of the Voters’ Guide are also available in English, Afrikaans, Xhosa and Zulu. You can also download them as a jpeg (picture) for sharing on social media.
The Savotersguide.org website also features relevant articles, helpful links, downloadable Voter Education Powerpoints, plus view responses of political parties to the Christian Action Network’s Policy Survey.
VOTERS’ GUIDE TO BIBLICAL ISSUES
“Select capable men from all the people - men who fear God; trustworthy men who hate dishonest gain - and appoint them as officials...” Exodus 18:21
Your Biblical Duty to Vote
As responsible citizens, Christians must strive to honour God in all areas of life (Matthew 5:14-20). We are to oppose evil (Isaiah 59) and work for righteousness. Christians therefore have a Biblical duty to vote.
“Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people”
Amidst all the electioneering, unrealistic promises, media performances, slogan shouting and empty rhetoric, it is very difficult to maintain an objective perspective on reality. Many even find it difficult to discern between what is right and what is wrong during election campaigns.
“See to it that no-one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ”
Be careful to not merely listen to what is said, but to observe what is done. Cut through the vast volume of verbiage and evaluate each party and candidate in your area on the crucial Biblical issues:
1. Does the candidate, and his/her party, acknowledge the authority of Almighty God? (Exodus 20:3, 2 Chronicles 7:14, Psalm 127:1; Isaiah 9:6-7, Isaiah 33:22; Matthew 28:18)
2. Is the candidate a moral, trustworthy person of integrity? (Proverbs 16:32; 1 Timothy 3:4-5)
3. Does the party permit a free and open market economy based on private ownership and individual enterprise, or does it hold to the discredited socialist strategies of state interference, central control and nationalisation (theft)? (Exodus 20:15-17, Leviticus19:15, Proverbs 10:2-4, Matt. 25:14-27, 2 Thess. 3:10)
4. Has the party upheld and voted to protect the right to life of pre-born babies? (Proverbs 6:16-17 & 24.11, 31:8, Matt. 18:10-14)
5. Does the party uphold the sanctity of human life by punishing all murderers with the Biblical sentence of capital punishment? (Genesis 9:6, Exodus 21:12-16, Leviticus 24:17-22, Num. 35: Romans 13:4)
6. Does the party uphold the principle that education - including teachers and textbooks - must be controlled by parents? (Deuteronomy 6:2-9, Psalm 78:4-7 & 111:10, Proverbs 22:6; Ephesians 6:4)
7. Does the party oppose the granting of special privileges to perverts (otherwise known as “homosexual rights”) and the erosion of the Biblical definition of marriage as lifelong partnership between a man and a woman? (Genesis 19, Numbers 15:15, Romans 1:24-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Revelation 21:8)
8. Does the party uphold Biblical publications control to protect society from the exploitative pornography industry? (Psalm 101:3, Proverbs 14:34, Luke 17:1-2, Mark 12:31, Galatians 5:13, Colossians 3:5-8, 1 Peter 2:16)
For further information obtain: Biblical Principles for Africa (also available in Afrikaans), The Ten Commandments – God’s Perfect Law of Liberty (also available in Afrikaans), The Rise of the GayGB and Pink Inquisition, Porndemic, and South Africa for Christ MP3 Set.
Educate Your Congregation – Download these PowerPoints on Slideshare:
Biblical Principles for the Elections
Biblical Principles Which God Would Bless In Any Country
Listen to the Biblical Principles for the Elections presentation by Dr Peter Hammond on sermonaudio.com here.
Watch screen capture videos of presentations from the Biblical Worldview Summit 2019 here.
Also, you can listen to the following Salt and Light interviews on Soundcloud:
The Biblical Path to Productivity and Prosperity
Why Are So Many Things Going Wrong?
Why Most Youth Did Not Vote in the Last Election and How We Can Change that in 2019
God and Government articles
God, Government and the Ten Commandments
Biblical Principles for Using Your Vote
"Who will rise up for Me against the evildoers? Who will stand up for Me against the workers of iniquity?"
Africa Christian Action
PO Box 23632
7735 Cape Town
Tel: 021-689 4481
Connect with us on Facebook or Twitter