There are literally trillions of reasons why I will not be voting for the African National Congress (ANC) in the upcoming elections on 8 May 2019:
1. Over 1,600,000 babies have been killed by abortion in South Africa – legally, often with taxpayer’s money - since the ANC legalized abortion-on-demand, 1 February 1997. “Deliver those who are drawn toward death. And hold back those stumbling to the slaughter.” Proverbs 24:11
2. Over 600,000 people have been murdered in South Africa since 1994 – under the ANC government – yet the ANC has steadfastly refused to consider re-instating the death penalty for murder. Nor have they been willing to put the matter to a referendum. “Bloodshed pollutes the land and atonement cannot be made for the land on which blood has been shed, except by the blood of the one who shed it.” Numbers 35:33
3. Over two million seven hundred thousand women and children have been raped in the 25 years of ANC rule with pornography legalised. Reportedly, less than 7% of reported rapes result in convictions. “Why do people commit crimes so readily? Because crime is not punished quickly enough.” Ecclesiastes 8:11
4. The ANC is soft on criminals and hard on victims of crime. Rather than fight crime effectively, the ANC have worked to disarm the potential victims of crime, denying firearm licenses to tens of thousands of law abiding citizens and claiming that self-defence is not a legitimate reason for owning a firearm! Rather than support community initiatives to fight crime, the ANC have frustrated communities by demanding that security barriers be removed from crime-afflicted suburbs. "Stop doing wrong, learn to do right! Seek justice." Isaiah 1:16-17
5. The ANC’s Ministry of Education has evidenced a generally hostile attitude to Christianity, insensitivity to the concerns of parents and prejudice against the Bible. The ANC’s anti-Christian policies and the unworkable Outcomes Based Education Curriculum, dumbed-down education have turned government schools into indoctrination GULAG’s and recruitment centres for radical homosexual perversion. “My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.” Hosea 4:6
6. The ANC’s Affirmative Action, Black Economic Empowerment racial quotas and blind support for Mugabe’s racist and tyrannical policies and Expropriation of white farms without Compensation (EWC) campaign have chased away investors and cost the South African economy many millions of jobs. The Rand under the ANC has plummeted from R2 to the US dollar to R15 to $1. After forcing thousands of qualified Engineers out of the national electricity supplier Eskom, because they were “too male and too pale”, Eskom started rolling blackout power failures. Stage 3 “load shedding” cost the economy R80 Billion a month. Now newspaper headlines state: “Eskom R139 Billion Theft Probe”. “Do not use dishonest standards … Use honest scales and honest weights… I am the Lord your God.” Leviticus 19:35-36
7. Rates and taxes are much higher and government services are disgracefully lower. Despite massively increased rates and taxes the filthy, litter strewn, graffiti-vandalised communities testify to the incompetence of government. "You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting..." Daniel 5:27
8. Corruption has flourished under the Gangster State ANC to such an extent that the ANC is being referred to in the streets as the Abortion, Nepotism and Corruption party. “State Capture” ANC government corruption has stolen over 30% of the total Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the country, amounting to literally Trillions of Rands. "They claim to know God but by their actions they deny Him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good." Titus 1:16
9. The endless propaganda and vile, degrading, blasphemous and pornographic programmes on state TV – which is supported by compulsory “licences.” “Who will rise up for Me against the wicked? Who will take a stand for Me against evildoers?” Psalm 94:16
10. The arrogance of so many in the ANC and the arbitrary manner in which they ride roughshod over the concerns and freedoms of others – such as the Minister of Health refusing to meet over a thousand concerned doctors; and how ICASA attempted to close down many Christian and community radio stations in South Africa. The pressure to close hundreds of Bible colleges and Christian schools, deforestation, rampant Rhino poaching in National Game reserves and so much more show why the middle letters of cANCer are ANC. “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people.” Proverbs 14:34
The Bible instructs us to “Select capable men from all the people - men who fear God, trustworthy men who hate dishonest gain - and appoint them as officials..." Exodus 18:21
Evidently ANC candidates fail to qualify on Biblical grounds. "Who will rise up for Me against the evildoers? Who will stand up for Me against the workers of iniquity?" Psalm 94:16
Dr. Peter Hammond
Africa Christian Action
PO Box 23632
Cape Town South Africa
Tel: 021-689 4480
Listen to Dr. Peter Hammond’s Election sermon from Isaiah 59, Your Iniquities Have Separated You from Your God on Sermon Audio here.
Mobilise Your Congregation to Think Before They Ink!
The 2019 Biblical Issues Voters’ Guide – aims to inform Christians about the different political parties’ track record and policies on pro-life, pro-family and free enterprise issues. It details the positions of 11 political parties on 8 key Biblical issues - is now available from www.SAVotersGuide.org. (The website has three additional parties and one additional issue). Download and email, or distribute quantities to your congregation, community and colleagues.
The two-page versions (with documentation) are available in English, Afrikaans and Xhosa. The one-page versions of the Voters’ Guide are also available in English, Afrikaans, Xhosa and Zulu. You can also download them as a jpeg (picture) for sharing on social media. Visit our Africa Christian Action Facebook page for updates. Like, comment and share.
The SA Voters Guide website also features relevant articles, helpful links, downloadable Voter Education PowerPoints, plus view responses of political parties to the Christian Action Network’s Policy Survey. You will find many other relevant audios, videos and articles on our www.ChristianAction.org.za and www.hmsschoolofchristianjournalism.org websites.
For further information obtain: Biblical Principles for Africa (also available in Afrikaans), The Ten Commandments – God’s Perfect Law of Liberty (also available in Afrikaans), The Rise of the GayGB and Pink Inquisition, Porndemic and South Africa for Christ MP3 Set.
Educate Your Congregation – Download these PowerPoints on SlideShare:
Biblical Principles for the Elections
Biblical Principles Which God Would Bless In Any Country
Listen to the Biblical Principles for Political Elections presentation by Dr. Peter Hammond on Sermon Audio here and watch the video here.
You can also listen to the following Salt and Light interviews on Sound Cloud:
The Biblical Path to Productivity and Prosperity
Why Are So Many Things Going Wrong?
Restoring Our Municipalities
Biblical Solutions to Crime
Buses, Trains and Police Stations Burn
Deliberate Arson in the Cape
Why No Christian Should Support BBBEE Affirmative Action Racism
Farms and Freedom Under Fire in South Africa
Fraud, Failure and Farce – Land Expropriation Hearings
Is South Africa Entering the Second Phase of the Revolution?
National Suicide of the Xhosa
Why Most Youth Did Not Vote in the Last Election and How We Can Change that in 2019
God and Government articles
God, Government and the Ten Commandments
Biblical Principles for Using Your Vote